Mary Lynne Gibbs sold her listing at 11930 Meadowfire Drive in twelve days. Yes, that’s right…twelve days.
11930 Meadowfire Dr. is located in the Gracywoods subdivision at the corner of Metric Blvd. and Gracy Farms Lane in north Austin. It is a three bedroom and two bath home that was built in 1984.
So, why did 11930 Meadowfire Dr. sell so quickly?
The short answer is that Mary Lynne’s clients listened to her suggestions and made the necessary changes to maximize the interior and exterior of the home.
Even though the home was priced at the top end of the market at $249,995, the straightforward and expeditious updates and repairs lead to multiple offers and ultimately an offer for the list price in the middle of the Christmas season!
The holiday season is not the easiest one to sell in because sellers are competing with a grandiose time of year when people’s time and attention are elsewhere.
Mary Lynne suggested her clients make some critical revisions for their home to shine above the others on the market in their price range to get top dollar. These updates included fresh paint, new flooring, new fixtures, professional cleaning and updated appliances.
If you are looking to list your home in the future, there are a few things that every seller should look into doing:
- Price AT or below market value. Any home that is priced above market value is likely to sit on the market without any offers no matter what time of year it is, which in turn costs the seller money and causes frustration.
- Invest in a storage unit. Get rid of personal items and all clutter in the home. The goal is for the home to look like a model home!
- Paint the home a neutral color inside and out. This is an inexpensive way to get more buyers…quicker.
- Laying new carpet is critical BEFORE you show your home because buyers cannot see past stains and blemishes.
- Keep the home clean and picked up every day. Fresh, clean and shiny things always sell faster!
Clearly, Mary Lynne’s expertise in selling homes for the past 12 years helped her clients at 11930 Meadowfire Dr. get top dollar in a quick timeframe! And she can do the same for you!
Please contact Mary Lynne at 512.431.2403 or firstname.lastname@example.org. She would appreciate the opportunity to earn your business.