This weekend will start the six-week procession through the holiday season…starting with Thanksgiving next Thursday straight through Christmas and on past New Year’s Day. YES, the holiday season is upon us in Austin, Texas!!
Doesn’t seem like a great time of year to put your home on the market, does it?
Well, think again! In fact, Mary Lynne Gibbs and her team, The Gibbs Team, will give you ELEVEN reasons why it is a fabulous idea to put your home on the market in or around Austin during the holiday season!
TOP 11 REASONS TO LIST YOUR HOME DURING THE HOLIDAYS:
11. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low!
10. You can sell now for more money and we can provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year!
9. Even though your house will be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days around the Holidays!
8. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the Holidays to capture the market!
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons!
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during the work week.
5. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
4. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays!
3. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home. Less demand means less money for you.
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you!
And the #1 reason why you should list during the Holiday….
1. People who look for homes during the Holidays are SERIOUS buyers!!!!
Mary Lynne and her team, The Gibbs Team, would be honored to represent you in any and all of your real estate needs. Please contact Mary Lynne at 512.431.2403 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.