Mom deserves the absolute best! Time to put your thinking cap on and think of something special for Mother’s Day ~ this Sunday, May 10! There’s something for every kind of mom! We’ve done the research to help get you started! If your mom is a…
- Gal who loves a picnic, Pack up some lunch (or get take-out) and head to a picture-perfect spot where the kids can play and mom can enjoy some fun, outdoor time. Here’s our top picks for Best Places to Picnic in Austin.
- Lady that loves to be pampered (I mean, who doesn’t?!), Viva Day Spa and Milk + Honey are offering great specials on massages, facials and other treatments!
- Foodie, brunch is always a tried-and-true favorite way to celebrate Mother’s Day. Check out the Austin360 blog for a list of the hottest spots for brunch in Austin!
- Foodie who enjoys new experiences & places, enjoy a special Sound of Music brunch at the Alamo Drafthouse Slaughter Lane on Sunday, May 10 at 11:55 a.m. Or a Mamma Mia! brunch at Alamo Drafthouse Lakeline on Sunday, May 10 at 11 a.m. Mom will love either classic musical on the big screen while enjoying some delicious food and drinks. For ticket info, click here.
- Culture lover, Ballet Austin is presenting the classic tale of love and loss, Swan Lake, at 3pm at the Long Center. Featuring live accompaniment from the Austin Symphony Orchestra and some of Ballet Austin’s most promising stars.
- Craft beer lover, check out the Craft Beer Austin calendar for a list of breweries and tap rooms with tours and tastings.
- Adventurous type, we love this list of different experiences to do in Austin (source: Cloud9 Living). There is such a variety of things to do in Austin – rent a standup paddleboard or water bike, go on a zipline adventure, or spend the afternoon at Barton Springs!
- Art enthusiast, let Mom immerse herself in Austin’s artistic community with some time on the West Austin Studio Tour, a free self-guided tour of working artists’ studios. The Tour is taking place on May 9-10 and May 16-17. This free, annual, self-guided event introduces participants to local Austin artists and artisans and gives them access to working studios and exhibition spaces.
- Music fanatic, the great Boz Scaggs will be performing at ACL Live at the Moody Theater. Also, there will be a free concert at the Texas State Capitol on Sunday, May 10 from 7-8 p.m. The band will perform well-known tunes, including marches and musical numbers, that you and your Mom are sure to enjoy!
- Mom who wishes she was still a kid, Blazer Tag is offering $5.50 laser tag games all day on Sunday, May 10 from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Ice Skater, Lace up those ice skates and head over to Chaparral Ice where Moms can skate for free on Sunday, May 10 with any full-price paid admission from 12 – 4 p.m.
- Gal who loves crawfish, on Sunday, May 10, Spider House is having a Mother’s Day Crawfish Boil from 3-6 p.m., featuring music from Mike and the Moonpies. The event is free and all ages, so grown up kids can invite their mamas and mamas can invite their young’ns. Dancing is not mandatory, but dancing shoes (i.e.cowgirl boots) are advised. $12 per 3 lb plate (while they last!).
And if all else fails, no Mom could be disappointed with Printable Mother’s Day Coupons! Fill these out with promises to wash the car, clean up their toys without complaints, water the garden, etc.: Click here for printable coupons.
~ For even more Mother’s Day ideas, click here! ~
As long as she’s spending it with you, she will love whatever you choose. Happy early Mother’s Day to all the amazing Mom’s out there!
Sources: do512, Cloud9 Living