We’ve already had a few cooler days, college and NFL football games grace our televisions each weekend and it’s time to accomplish several items on our To Do List for fall home maintenance projects. Sounds like work, but you’ll sure be glad you took the time once the temperatures drop in the coming weeks and months.
The first day of fall is September 23rd and that, my friends, is right around the corner!! Time flies when you’re having fun!!
Between the DIY Network, Better Homes and Gardens, Bob Villa and MSN Real Estate, we have come up with our Top 10 Fall Home Maintenance Tips to keep your home in tip top shape.
With every season, comes its own list of complications and problems to avoid. So, don’t waste any time marking these items off of your list!
TOP 10 FALL HOME MAINTENANCE TIPS:
- Add weather stripping to doors and windows. Caulk as necessary.
- Check insulation. Replace or add as needed.
- Examine gutters for drainage issues and clean out debris.
- Call an exterminator to inspect and treat areas of concern.
- Execute a home safety check. Check smoke detectors, carbon monoxide sensors and fire extinguishers. Recap the fire escape plan with family members.
- Inspect the roof and chimney for damage. Repair as necessary.
- Clean and vacuum dryer vent, air vents and air returns.
- Schedule a maintenance check on furnace equipment.
- Trim tree limbs away from the home or ones that are low to the ground. Clean up leaves, prune hedges and tidy landscaping to keep critters from nesting around the home.
- Reseed lawn in barren areas and fertilize with a high nitrogen fertilizer.
If you need a reference for any of these home remedies, please feel free to contact Mary Lynne Gibbs at 512.431.2403 or email@example.com. Of course, if you are interested in real estate in the Austin area, it would be a pleasure to earn your business!