Since 1995 the X Games has been bringing together the greatest athletes in extreme sports. This year Austin, Texas was chosen to host the ever-growing competition and put its own unique flare and enhanced experience to the event at the Circuit of the Americas.
The X Games, which will take place June 5-8, consists of skateboarding, BMX, Moto X and 4 Wheels and will this year include nine festival areas to complement the sports’ activities.
- Galleria – Features the main retail area and comprises of a zip line, the X Games museum, barber shop, vendor shops, social media wall, food court and more.
- Gaming Shack – Introduces a new element of the X Games by adding the debut of the Major League Gaming (MLG) X Games Invitational tournament. The pro-gaming competition will take place in the MLG tent, where the world’s best Call of Duty: Ghosts teams will compete for X Games medals. Other activities in the Gaming Shack include a laser tag obstacle course and a retro arcade.
- ESPN Clubhouse – Invites X Games fans to participate in more traditional sports including volleyball, dodgeball and basketball. This area also houses a Sports Bar where attendees can watch their favorite teams on one of the many big screen TVs, a mechanical bull and several classic games.
- The Playground – Provides a play area for kids and youth that offers swings, bungee jumping, King of the Hill and a hip-hop horsey race track. Older fans will not be disappointed as they can compete in the Last Man Standing, hydro tag, an obstacle course and giant gyroscopes and experience a bit of the X Games adrenaline.
- Sound Factory – Showcases live music throughout the event and interactive music activities including Silent Disco, Karaoke, Disney Fantasia and Guitar Hero competitions. For the list of events and entertainers go to http://xgamesaustin.com/schedule/.
- Next X Parks – Gives X Games enthusiasts the opportunity to learn new tricks from the pros on courses including a park, street and mini ramp. People also can have the option to ride around the last turn of the racetrack on a skateboard or bike.
- Texas Ranch – Presents the best of Austin’s eclectic culture and introduces visitors to our amazing food, entertainment and live music.
- The Garage – Delivers X Games’ fans a racing experience and features Go-Kart Racing, Racing Bugs, racing simulators and more.
- Green Planet – Imparts the importance of being environmentally conscious and teaches ways to recycle and compost. This interactive area also includes artwork, interactive booths and an X Quest Scavenger hunt to win prizes.
Astonishingly, these nine festival areas above do not include the action-packed competition of the X Games themselves!! Events will take place for the entire four days and tickets can be purchased at http://xgamesaustin.com/tickets/. Tickets prices vary.
In addition, for the safety of all – participants’ bags, backpacks, purses and persons are subject to search. To find out what is not allowed at the Circuits of Americas please go to http://xgamesaustin.com/visit/#bring.
Attendees are encouraged to bring the following items for a pleasurable experience.
- Comfortable shoes
- Strollers for children
This inaugural Austin X Games is expected to be fun, exciting and an experience you won’t want to miss! It is just one more reason why Austin is such a great place to live!
If you or someone you know is interested in real estate, please do not hesitate to contact Mary Lynne Gibbs at 512.431.2403 or email@example.com. It would be an honor to earn your business.